Thursday 13 March 2008

Lazarus!

So it would appear that I have been raised from the dead.

Actually it was more like a sporting depression. I apologise to the blogaholics and the poor folk coming here via the parish site for inspiration for my transgression to the quiet side.

I had not wanted to post as it was all doom and gloom. However, upon reflection (and pressure from fellow blogger) I have decided that this all needs to be captured because certainly my experiences are by no means unique!

While I was skiing I broke a rib which made walking and running quite painful. Three weeks later and it only hurts when I poke it (so don't?) and when I sneeze or laugh now. I put on a kilo during those three weeks so I am 88stone and the Parish seems all rather close for someone who feels fat and unfit. However, I have entered, I am healthy and I am determined to give it my best shot.

So, training - I did my first run last Wednesday - just 4 miles - its was okay although I felt like a slug. On Sunday I probably unwisely took a gamble and went out for 2 hours - run / race walking - switching from one to the other about every 15mins. I think I probably covered about 11 miles. I felt the need to kick start my system and give my metabolism a wake up call. On Monday I did a 4 mile run and managed to do 4 miles last night (Wednesday) too.

If I can up the mileage a little next week, then I feel I will be making progress again - I have to really concentrate on core fitness now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. You have been missed. Michael