Tuesday 25 March 2008

Elevated Training Plans Scupperd

Happy Easter blogaholics.

My training has been going rather well this past week with a slight low on Wednesday.

I was in Leeds and had arranged to meet some colleagues outside my flat. I live on the 10th floor so, of course, I got changed and took the lift. The lift came to a juddering halt at floor 2. I waited for a while for it to restart but it didn't and none of the buttons would respond. After several minutes experimenting with the alarm button I eventually got through to an operator. The conversation went something like:

Operator: Hello?
Me : Hi.
Operator: Are you in a lift?
Me : (wanted to say no you got the wrong number!) Yes I am.
Operator: Are you stuck?
Me: (wanting to say - no I just needed to talk to someone) Yes I am.
Operator: Where are you?
Me: You mean like - what floor?
Operator: No, which city.
Me: (wanting to sue the management company) I am in Leeds
Operator: Do you have amobile phone to call the fire brigade with?
Me: No! I am wearing lycra and trying to go for a run!

75 minutes later the fire brigade forced the doors open. I didn't bother going for a run, I went to the pub instead. My friends (not surprisingly) hadn't waited for me.

The rest of the week was excellent. I did a half Marathon round the north of the Island, mainly offroad on the Ayres on Sunday.

I am currently teetotal - 2 days and counting. Watch this space...

No comments: